Vietnam Food Explorer
Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh City with Peregrine Adventures
Salty, spicy, tangy, fresh — fire up the taste buds in delicious Vietnam
Satisfy the hunger for adventure on this authentic food exploration of Vietnam. Taste your way from Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh City and fill the eyes with amazing sights, the stomach with delicious food and the heart with unforgettable experiences. The soul of Vietnam can be found in its cuisine and you will find it in the pho of Hanoi’s Old Quarter, the bun bo of Hue, the cao lau soup of Hoi An and the broken rice of Ho Chi Minh City. Explore the markets of Hanoi, enjoy a candle-lit dinner in Halong Bay, cook like a local in central Vietnam and pick up some contemporary twists on classic dishes with a passionate young chef. Taste the country’s history in recipes handed down over generations, and experience it in the old streets, colonial buildings, temples and imperial ruins. This is an adventure where every mouthful will take you closer to the heart of Vietnam.
Why you'll love this trip
Sample street food alongside the locals. This is often where the most delectable Vietnamese dishes can be found
Feasting beneath the stars while cruising Halong Bay is an experience to remember. This is a dining location that's hard to top
There is perhaps no greater insight into a food culture than sitting down to dine with a local family in their home. Share in this special experience in Hue
Your 3-night 'feature stay' in Hoi An is at a boutique hotel located next to Hoai River, thus creates an impressive hotel surrounded by Vietnamese lifestyle greenery.
Meet a passionate young chef in Ho Chi Minh City and take a personal cooking class to his contemporary twists on classic dishes
Is this trip right for you?
This trip aims to give you an exciting, diverse and well-rounded experience of a country’s cuisine. While we endeavour to cater for specific dietary requirements, some meals and food activities are set in advance and may be difficult to adjust. Please be aware that in many countries dietary restrictions are not common or well understood. If you have dietary requirements, simply contact your agent at the time of booking for further information on how this may impact on your ability to take part in included activities and meals. Come with an open mind and open mouth, and you won’t be disappointed!
The facilities on the overnight boat on Halong Bay and at the Mekong Delta homestay are simple, but the rewards of such a true local experience are immeasurable.
- Hanoi - Welcome dinner
- Hanoi - Temple of Literature
- Hanoi - Cooking Class
- Hanoi - Traditional Tea House
- Halong Bay - Overnight boat cruise
- Halong Bay - Candle-lit Dinner
- Halong Bay - Fishing Village Experience
- Hue - Perfume River cruise
- Hue Thien Mu Pagoda
- Hue - Emperor Tu Duc's Tomb
- Hue - Home-cooked meal
- Hoi An - Old Town walking tour
- Hue - Imperial Citadel
- Hoi An - Street Food Tour
- Hoi An - Herb Garden Bicycle Tour and Cooking Class
- Hoi An - My Quang Cooking Demonstration
- Ho Chi Minh City - War Remnants Museum
- HCMC - Cooking class and dinner
- Mekong Delta - River cruise
- Ho Chi Minh City - Farewell Dinner
Price shown is based on low season travel. Seasonal surcharges may apply.
Specific travel dates apply
*per person share twin
12 Days From
- Accommodation - Comfortable hotel (9 nts), Overnight boat (1 nt), Guesthouse (1 nt)
- Meals - 11 breakfasts, 5 lunches, 8 dinners
- Transport by Private vehicle, Boat, Plane, Taxi, Bicycle (optional)
- Included activities as specified
- The services of a Peregrine local leader