Doubtful Sound - Real Journeys
Discover Doubtful Sound with Real Journeys
There are so many things to do in New Zealand on your holiday, so let Real Journeys take you to the country’s most spectacular spots to make memories that will last a lifetime. You have a range of experiences for you to choose from, so you'll see the best that the South Island of New Zealand has to offer.
Experience the spectacular, remote wilderness of Doubtful Sound on our guided day trip. Journey across Lake Manapouri, over the breathtaking Wilmot Pass and into the heart of Fiordland National Park. This is a must-do for nature lovers and explorers alike.
- Duration: 7 hours
- Start with a cruise across Lake Manapouri, followed by a coach trip over the epic Wilmot Pass through Fiordland’s rainforest and into the Sound.
- A 3-hour cruise through the waterways of Doubtful Sound
- Cruise onboard the majestic Fiordland Navigator, designed in the style of a traditional scow sailing ship
- Commentary by our knowledgeable onboard nature guide
- Wildlife viewing, including dolphins, fur seals and even occasionally penguins
- Snacks and drinks available for purchase (cash only). We recommend you bring your own packed lunch.
|Leaving from Manapouri (cruise only)||From $179 per adult|
|Leaving from Queenstown (coach + cruise)||From $209 per adult|
Escape to the peace and tranquillity of Doubtful Sound on a magical overnight cruise.
- Duration: 1 night or 2 nights
- Cruise the full length of Doubtful Sound, all the way to the Tasman Sea
- Enjoy accommodation in private cabins with ensuite bathrooms or quad share bunk-style compartments (limited numbers)
- Three course buffet dinner plus a cooked and continental breakfast prepared by our on-board chef
- Plenty of opportunities for wildlife viewing
- Choose to explore the shoreline by kayak or small boat included
- We’ve got a specialist nature guide on board who provides insightful commentary
|Leaving from Manapouri - 1 night||From $299 per adult|
|Leaving from Manapuri - 2 nights^||From $499 per adult|
^departs Fridays only. Please contact for more details.
Specific travel dates apply
*per person twin share, based on wilderness cruise leaving from Manapouri