Walking the Amalfi Coast
This relaxed walking holiday explores the trails of the spectacular Amalfi Coast from clifftop hikes to woodland walks. There's also time to discover the towns of Amalfi and Positano and the island of Capri. You'll stay with an Italian family at their peaceful farm overlooking the Mediterranean and enjoy tasty home-produced organic food and wine.
- Coastal Trails - 5 day walks including the spectacular 'Walk of the Gods'
- Food and drink - Chance to make you own pizza and sample homemade organic wine
- Optional trips - Visit Pompeii, Mount Vesuvius and Ravello
Day 1 - Join trip at Naples airport; transfer to our agriturismo
Day 2 - Ridge walk with views of Mount Vesuvius
Day 3 - Walk to Amalfi along the Ancient Republic’s Path
Day 4 - Day Trip to Capri by boat
Day 5 - Walk in the Ferriere Natural Park
Day 6 - A free day to visit Pompeii and Vesuvius
Day 7 - The 'Walk of the Gods' to Positano
Day 8 - Free day to visit Ravello; trip ends Naples Airport
Walking grade - Easy to moderate
Walk between three and five hours each day, following footpaths and old mule tracks between villages. Some of the terrain is rough and stony underfoot and three of the walks involve long descents of steep steps. Any of the walks can be opted out of. Graded as Easy to Moderate as there is a mix of easy and moderate walks.
Itineraries on some departure dates may differ.
Departs - Saturdays from 30 Mar - 26 Oct '19
Specific travel dates apply
*per person share twin
8 Days From
- 7 nights in a standard agriturismo
- 7 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 5 dinners
- 5 easy to moderate day walks including the 'Walk of the Gods' and Ferrierre National Park
- Transport by bus, ferry and public bus
- Services of an Explore Tour Leader / qualified English-speaking trekking guide and driver(s).