Intrepid - Mountain Gorillas of Rwanda
Experience Africa's mountain gorillas on an adventure through Rwanda.
Visit Rwanda, Africa's home to some of the last remaining mountain gorillas and a place where you will be warmly welcomed by smiling locals. Rwanda has bravely risen from a tragic past and stands proudly as a representation of Africa's irrepressible beauty. Be awe-struck by the profound power of the endangered mountain gorilla.
Why you'll love this trip
Stay in the small Rwandan town of Ruhengeri
Hike through Rwanda's dense steamy jungles in Volcanoes National Park
Fall in love with the gentle nature of mountain gorillas for one intimate hour
Visit the moving Genocide Memorial Centre on a city tour of Kigali
Is this trip right for you?
Trekking to find the gorillas can be a challenging and long hike.
You will spend only one hour with the gorillas. There is an option to pre-purchase another gorilla permit to visit the gorillas on both days 2 & 3.
This is one of our Short Breaks and is slightly different to our group tours. There is no group leader but rather a local guide with the idea being that you maintain a level of independence during down time. You'll most likely travel on a join-in basis, which means you may or may not be joined by others for activities and transportation, depending on demand.
Price shown based on low season travel.
1. There is a minimum age of 15 years for the gorilla tracking.
2. An airport arrival transfer is included (if arriving on day one). Please provide your flight details at the time of booking, or at a minimum 15 days prior to travel. Please ensure you arrive into Kigali prior to 1pm on day 1. If you are unable to arrive by 1pm you will need to arrive a day earlier and book accommodation in Kigali.
3. This trip finishes in Kigali on day 4. Please do not book any flights until after 1pm this afternoon.
4.This trip requires an additional non-refundable deposit ( AUD2400, USD2400, EUR1800, NZD2700, GBP1500, CAD2400, ZAR20000, CHF2000 ) in order to secure a gorilla permit. We also require passport details at time of booking. Please see trip notes (Important notes) for more details.
Specific travel dates apply
*per person share twin
4 Nights From
- Accommodation - Hotel (1 night), Lodge (2 nights)
- Meals - 3 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 2 dinners
- Transport - car
- Included activities as specified
- The services of an Intrepid local leader
Earn 2,500 Qantas Points on all tours over $1,000