Peregrine - Chile, Argentina & Brazil
Wine and dine on the culture of Chile and Argentina on a journey from Santiago via Buenos Aires to Rio de Janeiro
There are few better ways to gain insight into a country and its people than with a glass of wine. A sip provides a taste of the earth that has nourished and grown a people; of the natural elements that have both aided and hindered civilisation; and a taste of the hard work, talent, and love of the people themselves. This journey through Chile, Argentina and Brazil visits premier vineyard regions, lively cities and incredible landscapes. Artistic Santiago sets the tone for this trip, which travels through colourful Valparaiso and crosses into Mendoza - the home of Argentinian Malbec. Encounter the rural cowboy traditions on an estancia stay, then a tantalising mix of European and Latin flair in Buenos Aires. At the border with Brazil, we experience the magnificent might of Iguazu Falls, before finally arriving in one of the most beautiful cities in the world, Rio de Janeiro.
Explore the vibrantly colourful port town of Valparaiso, where culture spills out into the streets and puppets come to life.
Experience traditional gaucho life with a unique retreat to an estancia ranch in Argentina. Watch a game of polo, then try it yourself.
Test your palate at a traditional lunch in Argentina’s malbec-producing wine region, Mendoza.
Explore the neighbourhoods of Buenos Aires, a lively, confident city. Watch the intimately fluid movements of a professional tango couple up close. Then try your luck at mastering the techniques and understanding the rhythm of this enthralling music and dance.
With two days at Iguazu Falls, you can marvel at this beauty from many different angles. The Argentinian side gets you up close and personal, while the Brazillian side unveils sweeping panoramas
Favelas may sit alongside mansions, but in the heaving metropolis of Rio, everyone’s invited to the party. This is your chance to immerse yourself in Brazilian culture, food and music
Is this trip right for you?
Due to the high altitude of some of the places we visit on this trip, some travellers might experience altitude sickness. Please see the ‘Fitness’ section of the Trip Notes for more information about this condition.
Accommodation in the Amazon is likely to be more basic than what you might be accustomed to. Rooms are unpowered and the showers are cold water only. On the plus side, you'll have private en suites, romantic kerosene lamps and mosquito nets. Please remember that this is an extremely remote part of the world (which is what makes it so special).
The Amazon rainforest can be hot, humid and sticky. Please pack light cotton clothing and insect repellent.
Map & Included Activities
- Santiago - Half-day guided walking tour
- Casablanca region - Tour of an organic & biodynamic vineyard including wine tasting
- Mendoza - Full-day winery tour
- 2-night stay at a traditional estancia
- Estancia - Leather workshop
- Buenos Aires - Orientation walk
- Buenos Aires - Half-day guided tour
- Buenos Aires - Tango demonstration by professional dancers
- Buenos Aires - Tango dance lesson
- Iguazu Falls - Entrance and tour of the Brazilian side of the falls
- Iguazu - Guarani community visit
- Iguazu Falls - Entrance and tour of the Argentinian side of the falls
- Rio de Janeiro - Guided tour including Santa Teresa and Selaron Steps
- Rio de Janeiro - Christ the Redeemer entrance
- Rio de Janeiro - Santa Marta Favela tour
- Rio de Janeiro - Traditional feijoada lunch in the favelas
Price shown is based on low season travel. Seasonal surcharges apply.
Specific travel dates apply
*per person share twin
16 Days From
- Accommodation - 13 nights hotel, 2 nights estancia
- Meals - 15 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 2 dinners
- Transport by plane, private vehicle, local bus and boat
- Included activities as specified
- The services of Peregrine's expert English-speaking local tour leader
Earn 3,500 Qantas Points on all tours over $1,000
Save up to $500 off flights - Receive $250 off on economy or premium economy flights or $500 off business class flights Hurry! Offer ends 30 November 2017 for departures prior to 31 August 2018.