Intrepid - Best of Cuba
Travel to Cuba to experience the spirit of Havana and the rhythmic Caribbean vibe.
From Cuba's historical streets of Havana to the pristine shores of the Caribbean, stroll through World Heritage cities, relive a fascinating colonial history and experience the rich heritage of music and dance that Cuba is renowned for. Discover the history and incredible underwater world of the Bay of Pigs, then prepare to be wowed as you discover Baracoa’s mountainous surrounds, visit the birthplace of salsa and admire Trinidad’s unrivalled ambience on this two-week adventure. From historic cars to fragrant cigars, and with plenty of rum and rumba in between, this adventure will take you into the heart of all things Cuban.
Why you'll love this trip
Old-world charm, rich history, exciting nightlife - evocative Havana is like nowhere else on Earth. See the difference between city and coastal life on a guided walking tour of the old capital
Take inspiration from the locals and mix things up with a bicycle-taxi tour of the colonial city of Camaguey
Enjoy two free days exploring Trinidad. Practice your Spanish in a language class, loll about on an unspoilt Caribbean beach or peddle through sugar plantations on a bicycle
After an informal salsa lesson, you'll be ready to hit the dance floor with the locals. With its vibrant music scene and Afro-Cuban roots, sultry Santiago de Cuba is a great place to bust out some moves
There's a lot more to the life of Che Guevara than what you'll learn from watching 'The Motorcycle Diaries'. Pay your respects to the famous revolutionary during an included visit to his mausoleum
Is this trip right for you?
The guesthouses (Casas) we use are much nicer than your average Cuban dwelling but keep in mind that each and every room is unique. Regardless of where you stay, power cuts and breaks in hot water are sometimes unavoidable, as in any developing country.
Funds can be difficult to access in Cuba. Ideally bring multiple credit cards from several different banks just to be sure.
Luxuries such as air conditioning, and even toilet seats, are often scarce. Part of the experience here is learning to appreciate everyday Cuban resourcefulness.
Internet access can be hard to come by, and when it's available it's often unreliable and expensive. This is, on the other hand, a great opportunity to take a break from modern devices and have a true holiday.
Cuba is different, and that's a big part of its allure. Things don't always go according to plan, and many things don't work the same way as back home. Patience and good humour will go a long way in this beautiful destination.
As this trip covers a lot of land, you'll be spending quite a bit of time looking out of a bus window. Don’t forget your headphones!
- Havana - Guided walking tour of Old Havana
- Bay of Pigs - Visit and swim
- Playa Giron - Museum Giron Entrance and Film
- Informal Spanish lesson with leader
- Cienfuegos - Visit to the Palacio del Valle
- Cienfuegos - Orientation Walk
- Santa Clara - Visit to Che Guevara Mausoleum and Museum
- Trinidad - Orientation walk
- Trinidad - Informal Salsa lesson
- Camaguey - Orientation walk
- Camaguey - Bicycle taxi city tour
- Santiago de Cuba - Orientation walk
- Santiago de Cuba - half day city tour
- Guantanamo Bay - Viewpoint & Tower (Time & weather dependent)
- Baracoa - Orientation walk
- Havana - Visit to Plaza de la Revolucion
Full itinerary details are available on request.
Price shown based on low season. Other dates and reverse itinerary are on offer at a seasonal surcharge
Specific travel dates apply
*per person share twin
15 Days From
- Accommodation - 14 nights standard guesthouse accommodation
- Meals - 14 breakfasts, 1 lunch
- Transport - private vehicle, plane, taxi
- Included activities as specified
- The services of an Intrepid local leader
Earn 2,500 Qantas Points on all tours over $1,000