Peregrine - Cuba Highlights
Cuba’s rich tapestry, in all its colour and candour.
Experience Cuba’s finest on a 13-day journey across the colourful Caribbean island. Combining leisure, culture, coast and country, discover the depth of Cuba’s most fascinating traditions. Look behind the legend of Che Guevara, witness daily life in Vinales’ verdant tobacco fields, peel back the curtain on Santiago de Cuba’s ballet culture, wander the French-infused waterfront of Cienfuegos, dance to Cuban rhythms in Trinidad and go snorkelling in the Bay of Pigs. Finish it off with a cruise through Havana’s grand old streets in a classic American convertible.
Why you'll love this trip
Get behind the scenes and discover real Cuban life. Explore avant-garde sculpture with a local artist in Ciego de Avila, visit the tobacco fields for a snapshot of rural life in Vinales and take a private tour of a ballet theatre in Santiago de Cuba
History enthusiasts will not be disappointed. Visit the Che Guevara Mausoleum and Museum in Santa Clara, and learn about the Bay of Pigs Invasion at the Gion Museum
The French-founded port town of Cienfuegos is a real slice of heaven. Enjoy a drink on the roof of its crown-jewel building, the Palacio del Valle
See why Trinidad is a favourite among so many Peregrine travellers. Your time in this old-world Cuban town includes a salsa dance lesson and plenty of time for seaside leisure
Never mind an impersonal bus tour. Be acquainted with Camaguey in true local style – on a bicycle taxi
Ride through the streets of Havana in a vintage American convertible
Your 2-night Feature stay at Hotel Nacional in Havana which is considered a symbol of history, culture and Cuban identity
Is this trip right for you?
Hotels in Cuba are government-run, which means renovations are few and far between. As for the guesthouses (Casas) we use, they are much nicer than your average Cuban dwelling but keep in mind that each and every room is unique. That said, regardless of where you stay, power cuts and breaks in hot water are sometimes unavoidable, as in any developing country.
Funds can be difficult to access in Cuba. Ideally bring multiple credit cards from several different banks just to be sure.
Luxuries such as air conditioning, and even toilet seats, are often scarce. Part of the experience here is learning to appreciate everyday Cuban resourcefulness.
Internet in Cuba can be scarce, unreliable and expensive. Treat this trip as a holiday from emails and social media.
Cuba is different, and that's a big part of its allure. Things don't always go according to plan, and many things don't work the same way as back home. Patience and good humour will go a long way in this beautiful destination.
- Vinales - Guided valley walking tour
- Havana - Vintage American car tour
- Havana - Revolution Square
- Havana - Guided walking tour of Old Havana
- Santiago de Cuba - half day city tour
- Santiago - Dinner in a Casa Urbana
- Informal Spanish lesson with leader
- Bayamo - Orientation Walk
- Camaguey - Orientation walk
- Camaguey - Bicycle taxi city tour
- Camaguey - Ballet school tour
- Ciego de Avila - Pauyet Gallery Visit
- Trinidad - Orientation walk
- Trinidad - Salsa Dance Lesson
- Cienfuegos - Visit to the Palacio del Valle
- Cienfuegos - Orientation Walk
- Bay of Pigs - Visit & swim
- Santa Clara - Visit to Che Guevara Mausoleum and Museum
Price shown based on low season travel. Seasonal surcharges apply.
Specific travel dates apply
*per person share twin
13 Nights From
- Accommodation - Hotel Feature stay (4 nights), Comfortable Hotel (3 nights), Premium Guesthouse (5 nights)
- Meals - 12 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 2 dinners
- Transport - Private Bus, Flight per itinerary
- Included activities as specified
- The services of Peregrine's expert English-speaking local tour leader
Save 11% per person for tours departing 01 Jan - 15 Dec 2019 when booked and deposited by 30 September 2018.
Earn 3,500 Qantas Points on all tours over $1,000*