Peregrine - Slovenia & Croatia
Venice to Split
Explore the beautiful cities, mountains and waterfalls of Slovenia and Croatia
Caves and waterfalls abound in Plitvice Lakes National Park, but it’s the 16 interlinked lakes flowing between Mala Kapela Mountain and Pljesevica Mountain that draw the crowds. Renowned for their distinctive colours, the lakes can appear azure, green, grey or blue depending on the minerals in the water and the angle of the light.
- Arrive in style! Your airport arrival transfer in Venice is by private water taxi. Glide into the centre of Venice by boat to gain an appropriate sense of perspective of this unique city from the water… don’t forget to keep your camera handy!
- Enter the fantastical underground world of the Postojna Caves – one of the longest karst caverns in the world – home to strange rock formations and creatures like an eye-less salamander
- Ride the cable car up Mt Vogel for exceptional views over the astonishingly beautiful Lake Bohinj and the foothills of the mighty Alps
- Soak up the vibrancy of Zadar and experience the deep Dalmatian heritage visible at every step – contrast the Roman ruins and medieval city walls with the modern sea organ and sun dial
- Truffles are a glamourous-sounding local produce in Istria. Enjoy a truffle tasting combined with local speciality dishes such as fuži (Istrian pasta), fritaja (Croatian omelette) or our producer’s somewhat exotic truffle ice cream! Your sommelier will pair your tasting with suitable Istrian wines to try.
Is this trip right for you?
- Summer temperatures can be very high in many of the regions visited (over 40°C), which can be uncomfortable. It’s important to use sun protection, wear layers to combat the heat, and drink plenty of water. Please carefully consider the time of the year you wish to travel and your suitability to that season.
- As accommodation on this trip is multi-share, single travellers will share a room with another traveller of the same gender. This trip is a great opportunity to get to know other like-minded people. However, if you’d prefer not to share, a single room supplement can be booked at an additional charge, subject to availability. Please ask your travel consultant for more details. Also, hotels in Europe often don't have double beds, but rather two single beds that can be pushed together.
Prices shown based on low season travel - details on request
Specific travel dates apply
*per person share twin
8 Days From
- Accommodation - Comfortable Hotel (7 nights)
- Meals - 7 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 1 dinner
- Transport - Boat, Private vehicle
- Included activities as specified
- The services of Peregrine's expert English-speaking local tour leader
Earn 3,500 Qantas Frequent Flyer Points on all tours over $1,000
Save up to $500 off flights - Receive $250 off on economy or premium economy flights or $500 off business class flights Hurry! Offer ends 30 November 2017 for departures prior to 31 August 2018.