Peregrine - The Cinque Terre Explored
Stretch your legs along the spectacular Italian coast, from Levanto to Portovenere
For over a thousand years people have lived in this dramatic region, cultivating the steep hillsides and fishing the blue waters. Walk this magical part of Italy by day, and settle in for traditional feasts washed down with a glass or two of local wine at night.
- This trip visits not only the world renowned Cinque Terre region but also the Portofino Peninsula and all it has to offer
- Hike the area's most scenic trails, including parts of the classic coastal route, all under expert local guidance. The cliff-side houses and breathtaking coastal scenery of Cinque Terre make it one of the world's most romantic destinations
- Discover a swathe of medieval marvels, such as the castle and churches of Levanto and the Abbey of San Fruttuoso
- Visit an organic winery and join the owner on a tour of the vineyard, beautifully perched above the sea, and learn the secrets of traditional viticulture in a breathtaking scenario. Then enjoy a wine tasting of the three varieties this vineyard produces, accompanied by traditional Ligurian specialties
- Your local leader will take you to vantage points along the coast for the best photo opportunities, some of which you will not even find on the area’s post cards
Is this trip right for you?
- This walking trip requires a good level of fitness and health, due to the varied terrain. Many of the treks involve steep hills and steps that you'll need to be able to climb. Walking times vary between three and six hours a day, but the rewards are worth every step.
- Summer temperatures in Italy can be extreme (up to 40°C). It’s important to use sun protection, wear layers to combat the heat and drink plenty of water. Please consider the time of the year you wish to travel and your suitability to that season.
- As accommodation on this trip is twin share, single travellers will share a room with another traveller of the same gender. If you’d prefer not to share, a single room supplement is available at an additional charge. Please ask your travel consultant for more details.
- Recent landslides have ruined many paths along the Cinque Terre coastal routes. As maintenance is being carried out in some areas, some of the daily walks may vary. Your leader will update you and may offer alternative walks.
Prices shown based on low season travel - details on request
Specific travel dates apply
*per person share twin
8 Days From
- Meals - 7 breakfasts, 3 dinners
- Transport - Boat, Local bus, Private vehicle, Train
- Accommodation - Comfortable hotel (3 nights), Feature Stay (4 nights)
- Included activities as specified
- The services of Peregrine's expert English-speaking local tour leader
Earn 3,500 Qantas Frequent Flyer Points on all tours over $1,000