Peregrine - Croatia's Dalmatian Coast
Split to Dubrovnik
Experience the stunning Croatian coast, from Split to Dubrovnik
Amazing beaches and sunshine are the star attractions here, while medieval towns and charming fishing hamlets provide a gorgeous coastal backdrop. Croatia’s Dalmatian coast has it all! Hvar and Mljet islands are a particular highlight for many.
- Enjoy a guided exploration of Split and its staggering Roman masterpiece: Diocletian's Palace
- A highlight for many travellers, Hvar Island seems to have it all: Renaissance architecture, beautiful beaches, lush green landscapes and excellent Dalmation cuisine
- In Mljet, your accommodation overlooks Pomena harbour and the gorgeous Adriatic. It's also a hop, skip and a jump away from one of Croatia's finest national parks
- Dubrovnik's charms reach far beyond the UNESCO-listed city walls. Cruise to Lokrum Island where a botanical garden, Benedictine monastery and excellent swimming spots await
- Take a small boat across to the islet of St Mary (Sveta Marija), located in the middle of Mljet’s ‘Veliko Jezero’ (large lake). Soak up the serenity and listen to birdsong as you enjoy lunch beside the islet’s 12th-century Benedictine monastery.
- Try local grape varietal, Plavac Mali, at a wine tasting in a cellar modelled on ancient Roman dining rooms. Located underground and carved out of stone, it’s the same method of construction as was used to create Diocletian's cellars. The award winning winemaker is widely regarded to have instigated the renaissance of winemaking and viticulture in Hvar and consequently, is known as one of Croatia’s top producers.
Is this trip right for you?
- Summer temperatures can be extreme in Croatia (over 40°C), which can be uncomfortable. It’s important to use sun protection, wear layers to combat the heat and drink plenty of water. Please carefully consider the time of the year you wish to travel and your suitability to that season.
- As accommodation on this trip is twin-share, single travellers will share a room with another traveller of the same gender. If you’d prefer not to share, a single room supplement is sometimes available at an additional charge. Hotels in Europe often don't have double beds, but two single beds that can be pushed together/apart.
- Day 4 is a long travel day with 2 ferries and slow winding roads. Sit back and take in the stunning scenery, and relax on Pomena harbour upon our arrival in Mljet.
- On the island of Mljet you will be embarking on a day trip through the national park by bike. A general level of fitness is required for this activity, however it is possible for you to opt out of this activity if you don't feel like partaking.
Prices shown based on low season travel - details on request
Specific travel dates apply
*per person share twin
8 Nights From
- Meals - 7 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 4 dinners
- Transport - Bicycle, Ferry, Private vehicle
- Accommodation - Comfortable hotel (5 nights), Feature stay (2 nights)
- Included activities as specified
- The services of Peregrine's expert English-speaking local tour leader
Earn 3,500 Qantas Frequent Flyer Points on all tours over $1,000